Each school has a Parent Liaison who is responsible for engaging the parents and guardians in the school community. The position answers to the Assistant Superintendent of School Improvement. The Parent Liaison’s functions include:
- Creating a welcoming environment at the school for parents and guardians.
- Working with the Office of School Improvement, principal, school staff and PTA to identify parent and related school community issues to see that they are addressed in a timely manner.
- Assisting parents in setting goals and education development for their children.
- Partnering with community groups and agencies to promote their involvement in the school and provide information and direction as needed.
- Meeting with the principal or the principal’s designee(s) to develop and review work plans and assess the impact of the liaison’s work on student outcomes.
Parent Resource Center
Beth Smith email@example.com (914) 308-4251Benjamin Turner Academy and Pennington School
Pamela Valdovinos firstname.lastname@example.org (914) 308-4340Lincoln School and Nelson Mandela/Dr. Hosea Zollicoffer School
Denzel Washington School of the Arts and Grimes School
Mount Vernon High School and Traphagen School
Veronica Graham email@example.com (914) 308-4248Graham School and Mount Vernon Honor Academy
Edwards Williams School and Rebecca Turner Academy