Hall of Fame
The Mount Vernon High School Hall of Fame recognizes and honors the positive accomplishments and contributions of Mount Vernon High School (MVHS) alumni who bring pride and inspiration to the Mount Vernon City School District, the community, and society.
Categories and Criteria for Consideration
To be considered for this prestigious award, the nominee must have graduated from MVHS at least ten (10) years prior to nomination, and meet one of the following criteria:
- Healthcare and Science - Excellence in service to a recognized profession such as medicine, science, healthcare, etc.
- Education, Business, and Professional - Outstanding success in education, legal professionals, business, or industry.
- Arts and Entertainment - Demonstrated high achievement in one or more recognized fields of cultural endeavor such as recognized musicians or composers, performing or visual arts, published writers, journalists, winners of prestigious literary awards, media celebrities, etc.
- Humanitarian and Service - Significant contributions to the community at large through politics and public service, distinguished military, volunteering, or charitable contribution to the local, state, national, or world communities.
- Athletics – Exceptional individuals who have established outstanding records of achievement in their chosen sport(s) on a local, national, or international level such as all-American, Olympian, or all-star lifetime recognition that would make them deserve special recognition.
- The Mount Vernon High School Hall of Fame standard nomination form must be used to nominate an individual.
- The nominator must provide as much contact information as possible for the nominee (or closest relative or friend). Posthumous nominations will be considered.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominations will not be made public.
- All nominations and corresponding materials will become the property of the Mount Vernon City School District. Nominations will not be returned to the nominator, reprinted for the nominee, or otherwise distributed.
- Nominations will be reviewed, and inductees selected by the Hall of Fame Selection Committee using the following criteria:
- Exemplary achievements and recognition in their chosen field.
- Outstanding citizenship.
- Exhibit qualities of leadership.
- Meritorious contribution to society.
The nominee must demonstrate the qualities listed above in a manner that will inspire the students at Mount Vernon High School in the pursuit of excellence.
- Inductees will be notified, and an official announcement will be made following the selection process.
- Inductees will be honored at an official ceremony.
- Nominees will not be contacted. Only those individuals selected for induction into the Hall of Fame will be personally contacted.
- Nominations submitted for the current year that are not selected will be held for consideration in the next Hall of Fame selection. After the second award cycle, a new nomination will need to be submitted.
The Mount Vernon High School Hall of Fame Selection Committee invites nominations for candidates to the Mount Vernon High School Hall of Fame. This award honors alumni whose deeds and character exemplify outstanding achievement in their life’s work and/or service to their communities. An honoree’s spirit and leadership are worthy of recognition and have inspired praise and gratitude among his or her peers.
Requirements for Eligibility:
- The nominee must have graduated from Mount Vernon High School at least ten (10) years prior to nomination.
- The nominee must have a special achievement in their area of specialty and/or received honors, awards, or other recognition on a local, regional, national, or international level.
- Healthcare and Science
- Education, Business and Professional
- Arts and Entertainment
- Humanitarian and Service
- The nominee has demonstrated leadership, character, and service to society in general or to a specific segment of society.
- Nominations for posthumous awards will be accepted.