I am honored and excited to return for my sixth year as the proud principal of Columbus School. On behalf of the staff at Columbus School, I am happy to welcome you to the 2019-2020 school year!
At Columbus, we continue to strive to provide a high-quality instructional program through AVID (Advancement via Individual Determination) which supports the academic, social and emotional growth of our students as we are preparing our students for college and career readiness! Therefore it is extremely important to foster relationships with our family and community members as we all have a collective role in educating our children.
As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1. Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
2. Organizes all materials and agendas (Grades K-8)
3. Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
4. Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
5. Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
6. Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
Please consider becoming a school volunteer as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. We seek volunteers to help us with the following activities:
- Reading with children who need extra help
- School-wide events
- Student recognition events
- Outreach and recruitment of parent and community volunteers
As you view Columbus’ website, please also read the Parent/Student Handbook and let me know if you have any questions about the rules and expectations.
The wonderful Columbus staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school community. We thank you for your support and look forward to what I anticipate will be both a rewarding and successful year. Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions, concerns, or input.