Mount Vernon High School Library
The mission of the Mount Vernon High School Library Media Center is to inspire curious, ethical learners capable of engaging with information in a critical and open-mind manner for the purpose of creating responsible citizens of the future by encouraging and preparing students to be life-long learners. This mission is accomplished by:
- providing instruction in information literacy
- providing intellectual and physical access to informational materials in a variety of formats and media
- stimulating interest in reading, finding, and using information and ideas
- promoting the use of the media center by students and faculty
- working with teachers to develop educational strategies to meet the information needs of students and to augment teaching
- supporting the NYS Common Core Learning Standards
I'm glad you are here! Wear a mask, and observe social distancing.
Students may use the MVHS Library Catalog & Databases from home to access databases and educational links.
Please click here to listen to me
Once inside the virtual library you can click to some of the icons for resources. Some hints*-books, laptop, items on the bookshelf.
Any Questions? Concerns? Contact-
Ms. Fernandez, School Media Specialist
MFernandez@mtvernoncsd.org or message me in Schoology
Our Vision is to inspire students to be inquisitive, knowledge seeking, compassionate and principled. We will empower students to become self-driven agents of change in local and global communities.