Prospective students for our 2020 pre-college programs,
We are eager to get started to pave the way for a mutually beneficial relationship. Therefore, I have put together some information to be shared MVHS students regarding our partnership with the University of Notre Dame’s Pre-College Program. Students who agree to enroll in AMBYESE’s 2020 scheduled programs, namely the following, are eligible to be recipients of one of three $3,700 scholarships earmarked under our AMBYESE/ University of ND partnership:
- Scientific Lab Symposium, at UCONN-Stamford on Saturday, March 21, 2020 from 10am until 3pm.
- Y.E.S., I Can Online College-Prep Program- Orientation at UCONN-Stamford, on Saturday, August 1, 2020 from 11:30am until 1pm.
- Online classes starts on August 3 and finishes on August 14. They start at 8am finish at 3:30pm
- Commencement at UCONN-Stamford on Saturday, August 22, 2020 from 11am until 12:30pm
- The 37th AMBYESE Conference at UCONN-Stamford on Saturday, November 14, 2020 from 10am until 3pm.
We are excited to work with MVHS, and its students, and want to make the experience a memorable and easy one! Below is a timeline for the following program. This is not deadline but recommendations for students to follow so that they have plenty of time to go through the process. I hope you find it helpful.
Steps to applying for
SUMMER SCHOLARS applications due by 11:59pm EST February 18, 2020
Financial Aid applications need to be completed by a parent or guardian and are due by 11:59pm EST February 10, 2020
Recommended timeline to avoid last minute stress:
January 10, 2020 student begins online application (will need time to write clear and thoughtful essays)
January 31 parent or guardian submits financial aid application (decision provided within a week)
February 7 student submits online application
February 14 high school counselor and recommending teacher submit required materials
Students should start their applications earlier rather than later in order to put together the best possible application that tells their personal story! Please let your counselor know if you have further questions.
P.S. Students need to identify themselves as being associated with the organization. Therefore, we must hear from them prior to the submission of their application, so we can provide them with the code.