Skip To Main Content

Working Papers

Mount Vernon City School District issues employment certificates to minors ages 14 through 17 years old.

If the student is not a High School Graduate: The student's parent/legal guardian must complete fully and sign Part 1 of the Application for Employment Certificate (See Below) Incomplete forms will not be processed.

The school nurse or the student's physician must complete the Physical Fitness Form. The raised seal or stamp of the school nurse or medical doctor must be affixed to the Physical Fitness.  The date of the physical must not be over twelve {12) months.

Submit your completed application and Physical Fitness Certification along with the  following: a) Birth Certificate or Passport,  & b) Student School ID Card                                                                                                                .
For issuance of a full time employment certification: If the student is not a High School Graduate his/her parent must personally appear at the Board of Education. The student must also submit: (a) a pledge of Employment signed by the prospective employer and (b) a Schooling record.

All students must be present to sign the Working Paper Card.

If the student does not attend a school within the Mount Vernon City School District, you must provide the most recent utility bill with your current address.

Working Papers Form

Contact Info

Office of Pupil Personnel Services
165 N. Columbus Avenue
Mount Vernon, NY 10553
P: (914) 358-2380
F: (914) 665-5170

Dr. Marie Gaboton-Swift
Acting Assistant Superintendent for Pupil Personnel Services & Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Coordinator