Bilingual Education and World Languages
The Mount Vernon City School District is committed to providing equal educational opportunities to every student. The MVCSD English Language Learners (ELL) program is designed to accelerate English acquisition for students whose first language is not English and to further assist them in becoming successful learners in the regular classroom.
The district provides comprehensive services to ELL learners to improve and support transition from ELL classes to mainstream classes. Through providing a rigorous learning environment rich in reading, writing, listening and speaking.
ELL students achieve academic success in English language acquisition allowing them to become college and career ready.
- Initial Screening and Assessment of Students for English Language Proficiency
- Annual Evaluation of LEP Students
- Parental Notification of Student Placement in District Bilingual/ENL Program
- Notifications and Interpreters for District Bilingual/ENL Program Orientations
- Parental Notification of Evaluation for Special Education Services
- Evaluation for Special Education Services, Parental Notification of Results, and Parental Participation in CSE Meetings
- Parental Notification of Disciplinary Action; Disciplinary Hearings
- Blueprint for ELL Success
Bilingual, ENL and World Languages Department
Marguerita G. Circello, Ed. D
Standards Administrator for ENL & World Languages
Mount Vernon City School District
P: (914) 358-2873
Fax: (914) 665-5170
Reservar Cita de Inscripción Bilingüe y Identificación ELL
Bilingual Typist and ELL Identification
Book Bilingual Registration & ELL Idenitification Appt.
Please complete this form. If your complaint is submitted with incomplete information, you will be asked to resubmit a completed form which may cause a delay in response. Furthermore, the District cannot act on incomplete information and therefore may dismiss incomplete complaints.
Submit your complaint to your student’s principal or to the Language Access Coordinator Marguerita G. Circello, Ed.D - Learning Standards Administrator of ELL & World Languages - 165 North Columbus Ave., Mount Vernon, NY, 10550)
Telephone: (914) 358-2873
Fax: (914) 665-5170.