The 2018-2019 Distinguished Administrator and Support Staff Awards Event:
The second annual Mount Vernon City School District Employee Recognition Awards Event will take place Saturday, May 4, 2019 at Mount Vernon High School. A red-carpet reception will begin at 5:30 p.m. and the event will begin at 7:00 p.m.
The Mount Vernon City School District will recognize the outstanding contributions of our staff and administrators. the 2018-2019 Award categories include:
- The PreK-12 Principal Award
- The Assistant Principal Award
- The Support Award (all building support positions: Secretaries, clerks, typists, technology services, computer technicians, counsel, data processors, community/parent liaisons and security)
- The C.L.E.A.N. MVP (B&G/Custodial) (Cadre Leading the Environment Against Neglect)
- The Higher Standards Award (Learning Standards Administrators, Supervisors of Special Education, Deans, Humanities/Math Administrators, Directors)
Nomination Forms for 2018-19 Awards must be submitted by 4:00 p.m, Friday, April 5, 2019
For community stakeholders who are submitting a nomination:
Please review the Nomination Criteria above, and also describe:
- How was the nominee a mentor, a role model or a resource to your child and/or family?
- Did your child learn lessons that extended beyond the classroom and become lessons for life?
- Did the nominee offer memorable words of wisdom, ideas, or advice that your child still uses?
- Did the nominee nurture the potential in your child? How?
Can Administrators and Support Staff nominate themselves?
Yes, self-nominations will be accepted.
Are nomination files made public?
No. They are kept confidentially and shared only with the Superintendent and the Distinguished Teacher Award Committee.
Can schools nominate more than one Administrator or Support Staff member?
Yes. Schools can nominate more than one, using separate nomination forms for each person.
Is this a popularity contest?
No. This award initiative seeks to highlight the assets of our school district based on evidence.
Is there a rubric to assist the Confidential Committee’s decision-making?
Yes, there is a rubric for decision-making and a point scale.