Student Registration & Residency Verification
In order to complete public school enrollment, the following information must be presented in person to the Student Services Department located at 165 N. Columbus Avenue, Mount Vernon, NY 10553 (1st Floor) Walk-Ins are welcome.
The Student Services Department is open Monday thru Thursday: 9:00am to 3:00pm during the school year. Please check the district's calender for specific times for July and August.
All registration documents must be provided in English. Translated documents must be notarized to certify their accuracy and be accompanied by the original document.
Please download and complete one student registration packet for each child to be enrolled in the Mount Vernon City School District.Residents must have the following proof of residency:
One of the following:
- Current mortgage statement
- Current property tax bill
- Current lease agreement
- Statement by a third-party landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation leases or with whom they share property within the District
- Statement by a third-party establishing parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation physical presence in the school district
Two of the following:
- Pay stub
- Income tax form(s)
- Utility bill or other bills (e.g., power company, cable, National Grid, etc.)
- Membership documents that are based upon residency (e.g., library cards)
- Voter registration document(s)
- State or other government issued identification
- Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (for instance, local social services agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement)
- Evidence of custody of the child/children, including, but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers
- Other forms of documentation and/or information establishing parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation physical presence in the school district
*Pursuant to a July 25, 2017 Board of Education resolution, the Director of Student Services is authorized to make determinations as to student residency, as set forth in the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education, 8 N.Y.C.R.R. §100.2(y).
Questions concerning registration call (914) 358-2380.
This form is required if your child is in need of special services or they are already receiving these service. Child must at least 2.5 years old and no older than 4 to be eligible for these services.