Smart School Bond Application
The district's current plan for utilization of the Smart School Bond includes the following:
- Providing data and security wiring for MVHS, former NMHS site and STEAM academy
- Providng security, intercom and public address systems for MVHS, former NMHS site and STEAM academy
- Providing a new intrusion detection security system districtwide.
The ammended version of the Smart Schools Investment plan can be found here:
If you wish to make a comment or ask a question, you may do so by clicking here.
The current technolology plan that was aproved by NYS can be found here.
The district's plan for technology is reflective of part of a larger district design as reflected in the 20/20 vision.
1. Establish a 1:1 personalized learning environment in the district's newly established STEAM School.
- Conduct a needs assessment with relative stakeholders.
- Design an instructional technology framework to support the objectives for the building based on the district strategic plan.
- Design an infrastructure to support 1:1
- Design and implement technology solutions for classroom, shared spaces, and office spaces including active learning space
- Procure hardware and software based on program needs
- Develop and implement a professional development plan to support technology use in the classroom.
2. Design and upgrade infrastructure to accommodate district's instructional needs based the district strategic plan
- Research and adopt cloud based strategy components for user files and student instructional resources.
- Upgrade our existing wireless system to 802.11 AC2 in all buildings with appropriate switch and related equipment procurement.
- Rewire selected buildings based on construction schedule and funding allocations.
- Increase overall internet connection speeds by replacing ISP line with a dedicated 10Gb fiber line.
3. Promote the use of instructional resources in and outside of the school day.
- Implement a Learning Management System
- Develop single sign on access for instructional systems
- Migrate instructional software to cloud base solutions.
- Provide devices and infrastructure to support use.
- Provide professional development through after school, PLC and coaching based support.
- Provide free access to cell phones with Data plans to high school students who do not have access.
4. Upgrade the district physical security systems in select buildings.
- Develop and adopt security requirements
- Conduct an assessment of current status
- Establish a standard technology platform and develop an implementation plan
- Rewire buildings according to plan
- Purchase and install necessary hardware/software according to plan
- Conduct necessary operational training as needed.