Milestone 5 - Ensure all youth out of school are employed.
The number of youth who are not in school or working has significant and long-lasting negative effects on the broader society.
Ensuring youth are gainfully employed decreases the likelihood of their involvement in the criminal justice system.
- Prepare all students to become self-sufficient, including students with special needs
- Increase job opportunities for youth who are eligible and interested in obtaining employment
- Establish a partnership with the City of Mount Vernon to increase the number of youth training and job opportunities
- Enhance the relationship between the City of Mount Vernon Youth Bureau and the business community
- MBK will co-sponsor job fairs with Westchester County One Stop
- Assess the number of training and job placements gained through the City of Mount Vernon and local businesses annually
- Work with Westchester Putnam Workforce Development Board and One Stop to increase the number of students placed in apprenticeships and internships
- Increase the number of entrepreneurship academies through the Mount Vernon Youth Bureau
- Leverage non-profit provider occupational skills programs offered through Westhab, Westcop, and other non-profit organizations