On behalf of Team Columbus School, we welcome you to the 2020-2021 school year! Although we are enduring the personal and professional effects of an international pandemic, we remain dedicated to our students and families.
At Columbus, we will continue to strive to provide a high-quality instructional program through our implementation of AVID (Advancement via Individual Determination). Our goal is to ensure our students are college and career ready!
As partners in your children’s education, we have a shared responsibility for our children’s success. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily (in-person or via Zoom) ready for the day’s learning experience
- Organizes all materials (Grades K-8)
- Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
The wonderful team at Columbus School recognizes the privilege of being members of the school community.
We thank you for your support and look forward to what I anticipate will be both a rewarding and successful year. Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions, concerns, or input.